Shaw, Washington, DC
Northern Liberties, 1514 8th Street, NW, converted an existing halfway house into a new eight-unit multifamily condominium building. The building, built in mid-1950, once housed up to forty convicts at a time. The previous business closed early in 2014.
The converted building has units ranging in size from one-bedroom, 400 SF to 1500 SF multi-level penthouses with private roof decks. The design of the new multifamily façade pulled inspiration from warehouse-style buildings in the surrounding neighborhood while building on the original the simple original brick façade. The new larger windows in the renovated building provide ample natural light into the new homes.
Owner: Lock 7 Development
Contractor: Lock 7 Development